Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 2...

"Anticipation was the name of the day
but the sun didn’t shine and I couldn’t make hay "


Quite true that was; my sun didn’t shine and my stars weren’t bright and I couldn't spot her in the library. I was still the keeper of the poem I wrote...

We humans always need somebody to blame  and in case we don't get any other human beings we blame the stars or the god 'himself'. One joke I have heard is:
Un married daughter to mother: Mom, I am pregnant
Mother: Ohh god.. why did you do this...

The above joke warrants a small disclaimer from my side: I am not sure about the sex of the god but I have heard it has been a male dominated society and even the feminists refer to god as a he/him. My point is that I am quite neutral about the sex of the god and don't accuse blasphemy on me, if there is anything the joke above proves, that is god to be a man.

Coming back...we most of the time blame somebody else when something goes wrong, from pregnancy to infertility to what not... and here I needed reasons for not to blame myself, hence I tried stars to start with. My zodiac sign is Capricorn and most of the astrology books say Capricorn is associated with success in Business, hard work etc and no where it is mentioned about luck in love. Hmmmm.. Seems quite decent enough for a reason. Further, I didn’t have any choice in the date or time the doctor took me out of my mom's womb. This new found evidence gave me an opportunity to add one more dimension by adding God to the blame list. Since children are gifts from god and he was responsible for the 'timing' of his gifts. Then going by the theory that God has created everything could point to the fact that even stars were created by God and even the blame for the stars should actually be owned by the God, but I didn’t want to burden the god too much. For the time being, the timing sounded a fair enough blame.

Also, my notebook had the below analytical points on the future of the story. It is true that,
  1. I have met her only once
  2. I didn't speak to her even once
  3. I don’t know her name
  4. She may be writing an exam for which she was trying to study the other day
  5. She may not be a regular visitor to the library
  6. She may be coming to the library weekly only once.
  7. She may have met with an accident (God.. no.. don’t do that)
  8. She may not be feeling well
  9. May be she started to the library but the traffic was so heavy that she couldn't cross the road.
  10. She may be suffering from some disease and suddenly forgot the route to the library.
  11. blah blah blah raised to infinity
The list could have been endless hence l decided to stick to the original blame game because of its simplicity and finite possibilities. But in 5 minutes I figured out the limitations of my simplistic blaming of the stars and the god. If my reasoning is true, then the time and stars can’t be altered (forget about the black hole theories in reversing the times and Stephen Hawking). this means that there is fair enough probability that my luck with the girl wouldn't be altered as well. Ohh god that just cant be it. So I decided to withdraw my blames and save the stars and the God. I decided that I will try different timings to maximize my chances (in fact a bad probability proposition if you ask any mathematician, but mathematicians never had real girl friends, so damn those) until I meet her. I felt very confident that I would meet her again because from now on the God owed me big-I saved the fellow from some blame.

TBC...

No comments: